Thank you from your winner – Joanna!

Students! Help us decide which scientists and engineers should take part in the next event, and you could win a £20 voucher. All you need to do is take 2 minutes now to judge these 12 sentences.

Thank you so much for choosing me as the Electromagnetic Zone winner. I had a fantastic time answering all of your questions, and it was also great to meet Heidi, Freya, Jose, Sameed and Chris. I hope you had as much fun as we all did.

I took part in I’m a Scientist because I know how privileged I was growing up that I had people in my life (family, family friends and teachers) who were able and willing to answer any random questions I had about science. Because I had that opportunity, I was able to satisfy my curiosity about the world and also envision a future for myself as a scientist. I hope I and my fellow scientists have been able to answer your most important questions.

I also hope some of you are now considering a career in science. Every one of you has already taken the first step in becoming a scientist by asking your questions. And if you’d like to make more connections with scientists there are plenty of ways you can engage further, perhaps by encouraging your teachers to invite a local scientist to give a talk at your school, or (with your parents’ permission and supervision) following scientific accounts and channels on social media.

Any scientists considering taking part in the future, I highly recommend I’m a Scientist, but you may want to work on your speed typing skills ahead of time!

Posted on November 29, 2019 by modalex in News. Leave a comment